Tuesday, May 5, 2015

2nd Book Officially Out!

Many of you have been waiting for this announcement from me. I promised it a little earlier than this but I forgot about the verification stage involved in self-publishing.

Without further ado I present to you Wings. Fully published in both ebook and paperback form. My website has been updated to show this awesome new step.

The next step for Wings, as well as An Addictive Personality, is to become an audio book.

I will be recording the MP3 of myself reading the books out loud and will attempt to figure out how to create my own site shop where I can receive payment for this audio and send it out to buyers. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

I do not want to use a "publishing platform" for the MP3 version, I want it to be exclusively available through me and my website.

The journey to publish Wings has been long. Longer than I expected, actually. Writing it was very, very quick due to the 10k writing challenge day that I completed a while back. Then I did the traditional thing of leaving it and not touching it for a good month. Then I procrastinated editing it for a while.

It was very hard to come back to. I wasn't sure exactly how I should go about editing it and what I should do with it. So it sat for long periods of time. Then it got to the point where I just decided to go all out and I used two documents to figure everything out.

There were some easy parts and there were hard ones but I finally got it all edited up. From there I needed to finish my book cover. I had the front cover completely finished, but I didn't have a back cover. I worked on it, (Thanks mom!) uploaded it, and after one re-upload it was completed.

Now it's out there. It's out there to read. It's out there to enjoy. It's out there to provide a narrative.

Thank you. Everyone.
-Alexandria Younk

No comments:

Post a Comment