Monday, January 5, 2015

A First Week's Look at My Happiness Project

Let's take another look at the January Resolutions:
1. Go to Sleep at a Decent Hour
2. Get Better Sleep
3. Tackle Nagging Tasks
4. Take Vitamins
5. Evening Exercise
6. Act More Energetic

So, these are the things that I've been trying to do and honestly I don't feel a whole lot different yet. I don't know if I'm happier or anything. Then again, I haven't been wholly successful at doing them. I mean, it's hard to just suddenly try to do a bunch of things at once.

First, going to sleep at a decent hour is very hard. This is the first Monday since we had winter break and we had kind of fallen on our sleep schedule. Hopefully going to sleep will get easier as soon as we get used to having to wake up really early again.

Getting better sleep is a little ambiguous. It's hard to decide when I've gotten good sleep or not, except by how I feel when I wake up.

Tackle a nagging task... I've just been having an issue with doing things in general because I have decidedly too much on my plate right now. I'm an author, right? So writing should be my priority, right? Well, if it were that simple than yes. But writing a book doesn't immediately give me funds to save and pay for things. Mturk does. It's tiny and time consuming but it's been a big help. And then we have these blogs for me to write and I'm just... This doesn't even include my daily life. So in order to be successful in tackling a nagging task, I need to do prioritize daily.

Taking Vitamins has gotten easy to do each day now. I only have 3 pills to take and I let myself use any liquid in the morning, which has been helpful. I had it with a glass of water this morning, but there's been times I'll have it with soda.

Act more energetic. That's easier said than done, right? I think so. I'm not feeling energetic right now and it's really hard to fake it when nobody is around to make me feel like I have to. Why should I be energetic around myself? Of course, that might just be my down mood talking. I'm in a bit of a down mood right now because I realized I have so much on my plate and so little time to do it all and I'm not super woman.

I wish I was super woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment