Monday, December 23, 2013

All The Productivity!


All of it! XD

So there's so much for me to cover in this post that I'll have to put it into sections! *Gasp*

Deviantart

So, my deviantart as you all know is littlewolfdreamer.deviantart.com. It's active, it's happy, and it always holds an eclectic set of things.

 Themes

I've also joined a couple of new groups. Almost exclusively for the prompts and themes. It's exciting to be able to have something to write about constantly. And some of these groups desperately need participants.

One group I'm in, Unseen Writers, has the weekly theme this week of Sandman. You could choose from two kinds of sandman. I chose the traditional pleasant one that comes around and puts sand in your eyes to help you get to sleep. I wrote the poem "The Insomniac's Letter" to add a little twist on the theme.

Another group, We Write To Escape, has a fortnightly theme. This fortnight's theme is "Chains, Barbed Wire, and Broken Wings." So I'm currently working on a story called The Gargoyle Hunt. I might change the name later. We'll see. 

Finally, Live Love Write has a weekly prompt which this week is 
"Write anything that features one or more of the following:
- schizophrenia
- displacement
- positive symptoms
- delusions"
I haven't thought of something for that yet. I'll keep you posted.

 Contests

There are some contests that I get into on deviantart. Usually, they have nothing to do with art, they're more like raffles. However, there are a couple that I've been doing that are actually art related right now. One being a mini contest by Popolis where I get to draw a winter fantasy scene. 

It's actually really neat stuff and I think I'll do more like them.

 Scheduled Deviations

One of the Greatest Things I am now using with deviantart is the idea of SCHEDULING a future deviation! This is super useful for those days where I forget about the world or don't feel like doing anything. Emma's Journal has had some of that happen. Wouldn't it be great if I could write at will and just have one page posted everyday?

This way I don't spam the deviants with all my silly deviations at once! I've posted things from an Angry Speaker to a Cello. And both at times I wasn't even awake. This will totally help me get my 10,000 page view goal. (Well, that and the promised bikini picture in the snow if I get the goal early.)

Writing

What would be one of my posts without a writing update? Pointless, in my opinion. Because I will become a published author and it will be awesome. I just have to finish my silly stories. I mean awesome stories, because they're awesome... Or will be... Eventually... XD

 Emma

Who remembers the very beginnings of Emma? I started it as a self rant about everything and it's now turned into a complete fiction work about things very out of hand. It's kind of awesome. I have outlines and everything all ready for both stories!

    Journal

The creepier of the two stories, I have finally gotten going again on it!! I finally made the Halloween Day post. And let me tell you, it takes the story in a straightforward and scary as hell direction. Which makes me very pleased, as this was the point.

    Story

As for Emma's Story... I'm getting there slowly but surely with the prologue! Yes, I will post the prologue on deviantart, but that's all I will post of her story. This will be one of my little secretive kinds of things. I will be writing it on paper and having someone edit it for me. And then I'll take their edits and revise it and then I'll PUBLISH it. Yes, that's right, Emma's Story will be published. Emma's Journal will come afterwards.

Photography

I've been working on a blog for just plain modeling style stuff. I've made myself look purdy and taken pictures. Self portraits, however, aren't the only things I'm taking pictures of. As Previous Pictures on Deviantart will tell you, I enjoy taking pictures of pretty much anything. 

The point of my photography is to capture something that I consider beautiful or special or important for some reason, albeit even a small one. My cats, my friends, my projects, they all succumb to the power of my camera. 

Too bad I hate the cold. I could get some good winter shots.

Freelancing Opportunity

So here's another thing. This person is writing a book on homeschooling that she wants someone to help write. "But Alex! You've never been homeschooled!"

A. I'm an autodidact
B. My Aunty Homeschools my two cousins
C. I have a lot of friends who are homeschooled
D. I'VE GONE THROUGH ONLINE LEARNING
E. And a Charter School - which is as near to homeschooling as one can get for still sending their child off to some kind of instructional facility.

Plus I have a passion for all sorts of independent learning and really everything homeschool entails. If you've ever been lucky/unlucky enough to sit around and listen to my Xena rant... She's going to probably be homeschooled. Because I'll know how to do it and I feel like that's how she'd learn best. (For those that don't know, Xena is the name of the little girl I'll have later on in life.)

And I'll do the Exercise update Tomorrow/Later! Because I'm Feeling Lazy!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment